Gainful Performance Boosts Frequently Asked Questions
Author: James O’Sullivan • Fact checked by: Gainful Registered Dietitians • May 19, 2022
Gainful Performance Boosts Frequently Asked Questions
Formulated by scientists and dietitians, each Performance Boost is flexibly dosed, easily mixed into any of our products, and, most importantly, evolves with you as your fitness and health goals shift.
We figured you may have a few questions on each of the products. See below for a few FAQs and as always, if there are any questions you have on how to add Boosts to your personalized system, reach out to RD@gainful.com.
- Why doesn’t my boost jar come with a scoop // Where is the scoop?
- All jars include a scoop. If you cannot get it out upon first opening your jar, try closing the jar and then turning it upside down and shaking it.
- Fiber may be the most full and it can be hard to get the scoop back in the jar, dig a little hole for it in the jar to make room to be able to close the top of the jar.
- How is fiber tied to sports performance / exercise?
- Good health and optimal sports performance all starts with a healthy gut. Very few people get the right amount of fiber in their diet and it is important to get the recommended daily intake in order to perform your best. Consuming adequate amounts of fiber throughout your diet can regulate digestion and improve satiety from meals, which can help you to feel comfortable and fueled throughout your training.
- What do you recommend I add the Fiber Performance Boost to - Protein, Hydration or Pre-Workout?
- The Fiber Performance Boost can be added to your Personalized Protein Blend and Your Personalized Hydration Blend. We do not recommend adding it to your Pre-Workout, as it is best to limit fiber consumption just prior to exercise to avoid stomach discomfort and indigestion.
- Do I need the Fiber Performance Boost if I consume enough fiber in my diet?
- General recommendations for fiber are 25g daily for females and 38g daily for males. While most people lack fiber in their diet, if you are consuming an adequate amount of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes, then you may consume enough fiber through your typical diet without any additional fiber supplements.
- An example of what 25-38 grams of fiber in a day would look like:
- 1 apple, 1 banana, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 ounce of almonds, 1 cup cooked brown rice, 3 cups popcorn, 1 cup broccoli, 1 medium sweet potato, 1 cup spinach
- Is the Fiber Performance Boost gluten free?
- The Fiber Performance Boost is not gluten free as it is derived from oats, and is not recommended for those with a gluten allergy
- What is creatine?
- Creatine is a substance that is found mostly in muscles. It helps to increase stored energy in muscle cells through generating more ATP. Supplementing with creatine can help improve muscular strength and endurance, muscle gain or maintenance, and can enhance post-exercise recovery.
- Is creatine safe?
- Creatine has been shown to be a safe and effective supplement for healthy individuals. Recent studies have shown creatine supplementation to be safe for as long as 4 years, as long as you use recommended doses. Taking creatine as supplement is very popular among athletes and bodybuilders in order to gain muscle, enhance strength, and improve exercise performance.
- I already have creatine in my Pre-Workout, do you recommend I also get the Creatine Performance Boost?
- Depending on which Gainful Pre-Workout you have, it may have 3g or 5g of creatine in it. Standard dosing of creatine for maintenance is 5g per day. We don’t recommend that you mix the Creatine Performance Boost with your creatine Pre-Workout, unless it’s a half scoop mixed with the 3g creatine Pre-Workout.
- What do you recommend I add the Creatine Performance Boost to - Protein, Hydration or Pre-Workout?
- You can choose to mix your Creatine Performance Boost with any of your other Gainful products, or in a separate beverage. Some research shows creatine has the most benefit when consumed surrounding workouts, but including it at any time is okay.
- Should I consume creatine on the days I don’t exercise?
- Yes, creatine should be consumed daily to keep creatine levels optimal in the body
- What do you recommend I add the Collagen Performance Boost to - Protein, Hydration or Pre-Workout?
- You can choose to mix your Collagen Performance Boost with any of your other Gainful products, or in a separate beverage. It can be added to your Personalized Protein, Hydration, or Pre-Workout. Collagen is most effective when used around an hour prior to exercise. Collagen is most efficiently absorbed when taken along with Vitamin C which is why each serving of Collagen contains 50mg of Vitamin C.
- I thought Collagen was for skin health, how will this benefit my sports performance?
- Collagen is an important structural component in skin, bone, tendons and ligaments where its strength helps resist tension and tears. Though not a complete protein, collagen has an important role in muscle tissue. Supplementation with collagen can accelerate the process of recovery from the muscular damage associated with intense exercise by reducing muscle soreness which can improve sports performance. Collagen supplementation may improve joint pain and support overall joint health, which are important considerations with age-related joint degeneration.
- Can I use the Collagen Performance Boost if I follow a vegan or vegetarian diet?
- The Collagen Performance Boost is not vegan or vegetarian friendly.